RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?

From: Boyapati, Anitha
Subject: RE: [avr-libc-dev] Patches for 1.7.1?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 14:12:45 +0800

True. The build problems did exist even before avr-libc-1.7.1 was integrated
which went unnoticed because of tiny10 build problems. Once 1.7.1 was
integrated, we realized the build issues with private parts and it was too late
to change anything.

As to why the patches are released, it is a little tricky part. The support
exists is binutils and gcc. It is only the header files that cannot be made
public. We have limited time to fix the issue and we were under the impression
that every patch should be released.

This issue is taken up under high priority and is fixed internally. So the next
release should have a proper fix.

Anitha