Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #10329] crtm168.o is not being built

From: E. Weddington
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] [bugs #10329] crtm168.o is not being built
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 2004 11:32:11 -0600

Theodore A. Roth wrote:

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, E. Weddington wrote:

I've been seing some of that here. I haven't yet mentioned it on the
avr-libc list.

I have a "avr-libc/avr-libc-1.0.4" dir which contains the source. I
build in the "avr-libc/build" dir. The building process then creates:
avr-libc/avr3
avr-libc/avr4
avr-libc/avr5
that are parallel to the /build directory. I would have expected these
directories to be under /build.

But the good thing is that everything seems to build and install just
fine for me. This is one reason why I haven't mentioned this yet. But, I
could be the oddball here since I build on Cygwin. :-)

What you are seeing is correct and will happen on all systems, not just
cygwin. It's a side effect of the multi-lib build method. It's also
something I've always detested and would like to see go away, but the ML
part of configure is so complicated, even I don't understand all of how
it works (which is why I did the complete rewrite on the autoconf
branch).

Forgive my memory loss, but is the autoconf branch before 1.0.4 release? or will it be sometime after? What's the relationship?

Thanks