Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: circ dep fix

From: Theodore Roth
Subject: Re: [avr-libc-dev] Re: circ dep fix
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 14:17:17 -0600 (MDT)

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002, Joerg Wunsch wrote:

:) I couldn't seem to find any explanation of this feature in the
:) automake docs, although it's quite clear that automake is the
:) culprit:
:)
:) address@hidden 230% grep 'DESTDIR.*=' /usr/local/share/automake14/automake/*
:) /usr/local/share/automake14/automake/header-vars.am:DESTDIR =
:)
:) So they do it on purpose, but don't document why they're doing it.
:) Weird.

Well, the only reason I can think of for setting it to empty is so that if
you have DESTDIR exported into your env, you don't shoot yourself in the
foot and have everything installed someplace you don't expect.

Ted Roth