Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell

From: Kevin Atkinson
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 04:42:47 -0600 (MDT)

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005, Jose Da Silva wrote:

> On July 19, 2005 06:16 am, Kevin Atkinson wrote:
> >
> > > You may assume there is intentions to include some sort of MySpell
> > > compatibility if you look at 0.61 in relation to 0.60.3.
> >
> > And what gives you this impression?
>
> Well, I thought the changelog showed a plan of action to pull
> functionality out of separate programs and install it as library calls.
>
> -changelog----------------------
> Changes from 0.60.1 to 0.60.2 (December 18, 2004)
>
> Added the munch-list command to the aspell utility. The munch program in
> the myspell/ directory will disappear in Aspell 0.61. The munchlist
> script will also likely disappear or be replaced when Aspell 0.61 is
> released since it doesn't work correctly anyway.
> -----------------------

This has nothing to do with MySpell compatibility.  Just being able to
"munch" a word list.

> I have been trying to get someone to write a Aspell plugin for
> OpenOffice for a while now.
>
> Build a single myspell interface layer to libaspell so all myspell
> programs can communicate directly with libaspell

And the programs which use MySpell with no option to use Aspell are?  To
the best of my knowledge that is only OpenOffice.  A plugin to use Aspell
may be a better option as it will be more direct and less error prone.
Please don't assume that the a MySpell interface layer is the way to go
until you know what is involved.

--
http://kevin.atkinson.dhs.org