Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell

From: Jose Da Silva
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 02:45:26 -0700

On July 19, 2005 06:16 am, Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> > You may assume there is intentions to include some sort of MySpell
> > compatibility if you look at 0.61 in relation to 0.60.3.
>
> And what gives you this impression?

Well, I thought the changelog showed a plan of action to pull
functionality out of separate programs and install it as library calls.

-changelog----------------------
Changes from 0.60.1 to 0.60.2 (December 18, 2004)

Added the munch-list command to the aspell utility. The munch program in
the myspell/ directory will disappear in Aspell 0.61. The munchlist
script will also likely disappear or be replaced when Aspell 0.61 is
released since it doesn't work correctly anyway.
-----------------------

...and aspell.h also contains a few additions too, because a patch I
sent for mk-src.in applied to MAIN didn't appear in 0.60.3.aspell.h
(....yes, it appears the 0.60.x branch needs a backport of MAIN).

...we won't count this since it's sent after I assumed the above ;-)
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/aspell-devel/2005-07/msg00017.html
I have been trying to get someone to write a Aspell plugin for
OpenOffice for a while now.

Build a single myspell interface layer to libaspell so all myspell
programs can communicate directly with libaspell

Plans of action aren't cast in stone (example: must be done by 0.61),
but to me, they did appear as an impression of direction.      :-/