Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell

From: Arsen Kostenko
Subject: Re: [aspell-devel] Aspell | MySpell
Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 15:55:21 +0300

HI Jose,

Thanks for all the tips on Aspell. The links were really useful. I
have uncovered (in courses and mail-list archives) that Aspell has
borrowed MySpell Affix management style.

On 7/19/05, Jose Da Silva <address@hidden> wrote:
> You may assume there is intentions to include some sort of MySpell
> compatibility if you look at 0.61 in relation to 0.60.3.
>  Sorry, do not have details to help you in terms of status/progress of
> 0.61 in relation to MySpell to complete your mission.

Yes. There is separate direcotory named myspell. But the only source
file it contains, at least under tag rel_0_60_3, are munch.c and
munch.h. These are Aspell variant of MySpell munch utility.

However this does not make my task easier. As far as I can see by this
time there several components that make MySpell interface:

A. Affix Manager "affixmgr.cxx";
B. Suggestion Manager "suggestmgr.cxx";
C. Hash Manager "hashmgr.cxx".

I am able to reproduce behavior of Suggestion and Affix Mangers via
Aspell. Unfotrunately, I am not sure whether dependecies would be
preserved. Another problem is Hash Manager. Does anyone know similar
facilites in Aspell?

Regards,
Arsen.