aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: Ortony 2001

From: Joshua N Pritikin
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: Ortony 2001
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 15:46:07 +0530

On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:50:17PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> Sure.  See attached.  This article is so so.   Not as
> cool as OCC, at least I think.  But I'd be curious
> what you think.

I read it.  I didn't find anything earth-shattering.

> When I told Ortony (at a conference)
> that I though his idea about generativity was way
> cool he seemed to go like, "Huh?" as if to imply that
> my take on Generativity was not what he meant.  But
> who knows if that was what really transpired.

I am skeptical whether anyone understands what you mean
by generativity.  If I was going to explain what you
are doing to a colleague then I would emphasize that
you are building a cognitive appraisal model from
the bottom-up.  To me that is the key idea of your
thesis: bottom-up design.

Correct me if you disagree.

--
A new cognitive theory of emotion, http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/aleader