aleader-dev

[Aleader-dev] Re: Ortony 2001

From: William L. Jarrold
Subject: [Aleader-dev] Re: Ortony 2001
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 23:36:35 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003, Joshua N Pritikin wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2003 at 10:50:17PM -0500, William L. Jarrold wrote:
> > Sure.  See attached.  This article is so so.   Not as
> > cool as OCC, at least I think.  But I'd be curious
> > what you think.
>
> I read it.  I didn't find anything earth-shattering.
>
> > When I told Ortony (at a conference)
> > that I though his idea about generativity was way
> > cool he seemed to go like, "Huh?" as if to imply that
> > my take on Generativity was not what he meant.  But
> > who knows if that was what really transpired.
>
> I am skeptical whether anyone understands what you mean
> by generativity.  If I was going to explain what you
> are doing to a colleague then I would emphasize that
> you are building a cognitive appraisal model from
> the bottom-up.  To me that is the key idea of your
> thesis: bottom-up design.
>
> Correct me if you disagree.

Hmm wow.  Everyone calls me bottom up man.  I see my self
as more rationally centered.  I like to follow Ben Franklin's
Poor Richard, who says "Everything in moderation."....I
consider myself to do a moderate amount of bottomupness
whilst most the rest of the world is way too top heavy in its
theorization....Whatever, I'm preaching again.

Bill