ada-mode-users

Re: Elpa installation fails and general confusion

From: Stephen Leake
Subject: Re: Elpa installation fails and general confusion
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2021 11:47:12 -0800

salotz <salotz@salotz.info> writes:

>> Can you byte-compile wisi manually:
>>
>> M-x byte-compile-file ~/.emacs.d/elpa/wisi-3.1.3/wisi.el
>
> ```
> Compiling file /home/salotz/.emacs.d/elpa/wisi-3.1.3/wisi.el at Tue Feb
> 23 15:35:05 2021 Entering directory
> ‘/home/salotz/.emacs.d/elpa/wisi-3.1.3/’ wisi.el:111:1:Error: Symbol’s
> function definition is void: wisi--lexer-error
> ```

It may be you have an old copy of wisi-parse-common.el and/or related
files somewhere on your load-path, and the byte-compile is seeing that.

To test for this, use:

(locate-file "wisi-parse-common.el" load-path)

Then rename the found file to wisi-parse-common.el-save or something,
and run it again.

(It would be nice if this function had an option to return all matches :).

> Not sure what you mean here specifically. A number of them seem to have
> been byte compiled already including wisi-parse-common.el.

Right; package-install byte-compiles all files. The ones that end up
with no .elc had errors.

> Just a note that I'm not the only one with the same error, there was
> another user on the ada-lang/lobby gitter chat that had the same
> issue.

Sigh. Another communications channel du jour that I should pay attention to.

--
-- Stephe