Re: [Swftools-common] Anybody succeeded in getting working links within

From: Hans J Nuecke
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Anybody succeeded in getting working links within SWF files created with pdf2swf 0.9.2?
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 23:46:03 +0100

Chris,
it indeed is related to the "allowDomain" command, which is inserted into every single SWF file converted form a PDF page.
The issue is that AIR blocks those files because of security reasons.
I plan to compile a patched version of swftools to get rid of those 3 lines. And need to find out what swftools version can be used for that. Actually my assumption is/was that the newest release did not support links. Thanks to your hint I have to probably revise that and will do more structured tests.

Using -T7 made a difference in testing locally (that results in a security alert popping up; with instructions on how to solve it); and it reminded me to always and only test links on a server (at least a local one like XAMPP).

Once I succeeded to compile either 0.9.0 or 0.9.2 on Linux, Windows and OSx I will publish a summary of my findings in the swftools WIKI.

Regards and thanks for your support!
Hans