Re: [Swftools-common] about the wiki

From: Hans J Nuecke
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] about the wiki
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2013 23:27:08 +0100

For me it is a good time for this kind of discussion.
There are a couple of things a more open access could help with (better insights into a next version, faster answers/solutions on specific questions and problems, higher contribution rate, a more central, open and higher visible location for feedback and discussions, ...).

I fully agree this must be a decision of Matthias. Which might be a difficult one because there are pros and cons. And he perhaps has another and better suggestion. I personally plan to contribute to the wiki once I fully achieved my goal: compiling swftools on OSx, Linux and Windows. My coding skills are very basic... Looks like I managed compiling on Linux, and that I'm close with both OSx and Windows. But I'm not there yet... I documented everything I did (many pages so far). I will extract all hints and steps that finally (for me) led to success.

I can imagine that with just a few more contributers this could become a more active and dynamic platform again. I'm convinced there is still a lot of interest in SWF (and with that swftools). I personally am most interested in the excellent (vector) text quality across all platforms, i.e. pdf2swf.
The source for content (PDF files) is enormous and still growing!

Take this as a proof it is not just both of you (Pablo and Chris) who are interested in swftools...
Now we are (at least) 3 ;-)

Regards
Hans