Re: [Swftools-common] AS3

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:41:04 +0000

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 1:58 PM, Jason <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo
>
> I have got that working.
> Thanks a BILLION !!!!

Great.

> Is that because you patched swfc and swfextract... and the -3 is only needed
> in the first two ?

The -3 is for swfextract only and be aware that it could never be in the
official distribution.

I will clarify what that patch does.

The files patched are swfc.c and swfextract.c
swfc.c:
   the changes are a backport of what is already in the repository,
   is the inclusion of as3name in .swf command. So you will
   have that feature in future releases.

swfextract:
   the change is adding a switch (-3) to be able to extract the
actionscript 3 code.
   In other word is to swfextract not ignore SYMBOLCLASS and DOABC tags.

> I mademy own 'bad' by having two installs... and patching only one.

Yep, I could be more clear, but sometimes I have some difficults to explain
for 2 reasons:
1. Its very clear to me ;)
2. English is not my mother language.

> But I have no idea where PEAR installs swftools.

you can see where is installed with:
$ which swfc
$ which swfextract

or using "type" instead of "which"