Re: [Swftools-common] AS3

From: Jason
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3
Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 12:27:27 +0400

Hi Ricardo

Thanks a million for this.

I installed the patch. - your instructions were super simple and super-efficient ! Am a bit lost as to getting this to work, though. Is there anything etra I need to do with the swfextract code - I don't see where the extracted AS3 is 'kept'.
When I dump, I see that the

as3_fla.animationClip_1

is linked to the movie clip by using the same id,
I use
        $command = 'swfextract -i $id $swfname -o $extractedclipname;';
To extract. Should this be changed to get/save the AS3 script too ?

Having extracted using the above code, when I build using
as3name=as3file_fla.contentClip_1
I get an error
When I build and exclude the  as3name=as3file_fla.contentClip_1
It builds fine (but obviously without the AS3 code)

What am I missing ?

thx

Jason

PS - 'reading' the c++, this seems to be the crux :
+    else if(!strcmp(name, "3")) {

am I right in thinking that this means filenames that contain a "3" will be
treated as AS3 rather than AS2 ?