Re: [Swftools-common] AS3

From: Ricardo Pedroso
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] AS3
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 13:26:45 +0000

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 8:27 AM, Jason <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ricardo
>
> Thanks a million for this.
>
> I installed the patch. - your instructions were super simple  and
> super-efficient !
> Am a bit lost as to getting this to work, though. Is there anything etra I
> need to do with the swfextract code - I don't see where the extracted AS3 is
> 'kept'.
> When I dump, I see that the
>
> as3_fla.animationClip_1
>
> is linked to the movie clip by using the same id,
> I use
>        $command = 'swfextract -i $id $swfname -o $extractedclipname;';
> To extract. Should this be changed to get/save the AS3 script too ?
>
> Having extracted using the above code, when I build using
>  as3name=as3file_fla.contentClip_1
> I get an error
> When I build and exclude the  as3name=as3file_fla.contentClip_1
> It builds fine (but obviously without the AS3 code)
>
> What am I missing ?
>
> thx
>
> Jason
>
> PS - 'reading' the c++, this seems to be the crux :
> +    else if(!strcmp(name, "3")) {
>
> am I right in thinking that this means filenames that contain a "3" will be
> treated as AS3 rather than AS2 ?

I forget to tell you everything, sorry...
That 3 is a command switch that I added to that patch to not alter the
default behavior
of swfextract. So you have to specify that you really want the as3 code with:

$ swfextract -3 .....

I attached a shell script that I use when testing.

See if works now...

Ricardo