Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement

From: Mick
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 15:19:23 +0000

Hi Chris,

Not sure I explained the problem well enough. Let me try again. The first row (top row) and first column (left column) of pixels in the image are being duplicated. This is making the image one pixel wider and one pixel longer and as a result the last row (bottom row) and last column (right column) of pixels are not appearing (effectively being pushed off the stage).

It would not be possible to see this with the image you attached in your last message as all the pixels are red. If a black border, one pixel thick were added around the edge of the image, then the problem would present itself. The resulting swf would display an image with a black border two pixels thick on the left and top, and no border on the bottom and right.

I have included the original attachments again (zipped up this time) so you can have a better look. I used a border that changed from black to yellow so I could establish if the pixels were being duplicated or if the image was being corrupted and the last row/column were being shown as the first row/column. The png was created using the GIMP.

Hope this makes more sense.

Cheers,

Mick

Chris Pugh wrote:

Mick,

Yes it is the blank stage.  The one conversion is an image inside an
swf, the other is an swf in its pwn right.

I also tried your png image again, doing the conversion and setting
the html code myself, a your original post to the list did not include
all the attachments you mentioned.  I do see a slight variation on the
render, however think it is a result of the png itself,  which looks
weird, even when opened in GIMP.  What was it created with?

I created a similar, but slightly smaller rectangular png myself, and
all seems to work fine with it.  Its attached.  Substitute it for your
own version, repeat the process you used before, probably much as
below, then see what happens.

.flash filename="test_swfc.swf" version=6 fps=50 bbox=435x122
  .png img1 filename="test2.png"
  .put img1
.end

then,

    png2swf test2.png -o test_png2swf.swf

    swfdump -E test_png2swf.swf > test_png2swf.html

    swfdump -E test_swfc.swf > test_swfc.html

Regards,

Chris.