[Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement

From: Mick
Subject: [Swftools-common] Problems with PNG placement
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2010 09:48:38 +0000

Greetings all,

I have just started using swftools 0.9.0 and am having some trouble with placing PNG images on the stage. I compiled the following script with swfc:

.flash filename="test_swfc.swf" version=6 fps=50 bbox=435x122
   .png img1 filename="test.png"
   .put img1
.end

When I view the generated file in a browser it seems that the first row and first column of pixels are duplicated and the last row and last column are missing. Please see the attached files to better understand what I mean by this. Load test.htm into a browser and look carefully at the two graphics. The top one has been generated with swfc.

Out of curiosity I converted test.png to swf using png2swf. This works perfectly and the image renders correctly within the swf. This is displayed as the bottom graphic in test.htm.

I also decided to extract the png from test_swfc.swf using swfextract to see if it had been corrupted. The extracted image was identical to the original confirming this was not the case.

I was hoping someone may be able to shed some light on what may be going wrong.

Attached files
test.png - original  image file
test.htm - markup placing test_swf.swf at top of screen and test_png2swf.swf below it
test_swfc.swf - swf created with swfc
test_png2swf.swf - swf created with png2swf

Many thanks,
Mick

PNG image