RE: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?

From: MG Balaji
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 19:27:13 +0530

Hi Matthias,

Thanks. Using this option I converted the PDF to swf. SWF size also reduced. But the text also converted to image. Using "swfstrings"  I checked the swf, no text was displayed. This swf not used for text search. I need the text should present as text.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Balaji MG

> Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 09:01:05 +0100
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
>
> On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 10:51:22AM +0530, MG Balaji <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Except the below options, if any other options
> > available?. I am in trouble because of this size problem.
>
> Well, as a last resort, you can use
> pdf2swf -s bitmap file.pdf -o file.swf
> .
> But that will give you something which is not zoomable.
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

MSN Technology brings you the latest on gadgets, gizmos and the new hits in the gaming market. Try it now!