[Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?

From: MG Balaji
Subject: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:39:47 +0530

Hi,

I am using latest SWF tool ("swftools-2008-10-13-1554") version. I am trying to
convert individual PDF pages into individual SWF files. In that some of the PDF
page size is more then 3 MB and some having more images. The SWF size for these
pages having 800 KB and 1 MB. How can I reduce the SWF file size (below 300
KB)?. Is there any option available?.

Also I saw some of the previous threads and got some options - "poly2bitmap"
and "-O1". I tried this options, It will reduce the SWF file size
dramatically(eg: 1MB SWF size to 200 KB), but the image quality is very poor. I
wants to know what "-O1" and "poly2bitmap" do?.

Is there any way to reduce the SWF size without affecting the image quality?.

Please advice.

Thanks and Regards,
Balaji
Searching for weekend getaways? Try Live.com
http://www.live.com/?scope=video&form=MICOAL