RE: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?

From: MG Balaji
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 10:51:22 +0530

Hi Matthias,

Thank you very much for your help. I tried using only the "subpixels=1" option
for some of the other pdfs and got a very good result. Also I used the
"--flatten" and "subpixels=1" options for some of the pdfs, but it is effective
that much.

Some pdf pages having the size  5MB to 15 MB(single page). In that case the swf
size is around 2 MB. I cant use this much size swf file in my application.
Except the below options, if any other options available?. I am in trouble
because of this size problem.

Thanks & Regards,
Balaji

> Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:46:23 +0200
> From: address@hidden
> To: address@hidden
> Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
>
> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:44:40AM +0530, MG Balaji  wrote:
>> Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the below mentioned options, but
>> it is not fine. My PDF page (1 page) size is 3218 KB. To reduce the
>> SWF file size I used the option "pdf2swf -s subpixels=1 -s
>> jpegquality=50 file.pdf -o file.swf", but the output SWF file size is
>> 923 KB.
>>
>> I used the --flatten option also, it created the output SWF file size is
>> 1036 KB.
>
> Well, try to combine the two, and also lower the jpeg quality
> a bit more:
>     pdf2swf --flatten -s jpegquality=30 -s subpixels=1 file.pdf -o file.swf
>
> It might be, though, that the file size is due to vector graphics- in
> that case, lowering the jpeg quality won't have any effect, and
> poly2bitmap is indeed your best bet.
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

Chose your Life Partner? Join MSN Matrimony FREE
http://www.shaadi.com/msn/matrimony.php