Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] pdf2swf - How to reduce the swf file size?
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:46:23 +0200

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 09:44:40AM +0530, MG Balaji <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for your quick reply. I tried the below mentioned options, but
> it is not fine. My PDF page (1 page) size is 3218 KB. To reduce the
> SWF file size I used the option "pdf2swf -s subpixels=1 -s
> jpegquality=50 file.pdf -o file.swf", but the output SWF file size is
> 923 KB.
>
> I used the --flatten option also, it created the output SWF file size is 1036
> KB.

Well, try to combine the two, and also lower the jpeg quality
a bit more:
    pdf2swf --flatten -s jpegquality=30 -s subpixels=1 file.pdf -o file.swf

It might be, though, that the file size is due to vector graphics- in
that case, lowering the jpeg quality won't have any effect, and
poly2bitmap is indeed your best bet.

Greetings

Matthias