RE: [Swftools-common] SWF files scaled incorrectly

From: John Bauer
Subject: RE: [Swftools-common] SWF files scaled incorrectly
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 16:05:12 -0500

Greetings all, I would like to share with you all how I solved the
majority of the swf size problems I had.  I still get one or two out of
50 in a PDF that have weirdness, maybe I can narrow down why those are
still funky and track down how to fix it... without further ado:

Here are the steps I use:

pdftk in.pdf output out.pdf flatten

pdftk out.pdf burst

Then I loop through the bursted pdf's and do these two steps:
{
        pdf2swf.exe --flatten --flashversion=8 -s zoom=100 -z $file
        I know the --flatten is redundant as I'm doing it with pdftk,
but it  works, maybe each works slightly different.

        swfbbox.exe -O -c $file -o $file
}

Give it a try and let me know how it works.

**If anyone could give me some insight on how to convert PDF's to jpgs
via unix command line I would appreciate it!
thanks,

John