Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 17:25:07 +0100

On Tue, Feb 20, 2007 at 04:32:23PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> I already did it, with the help of gameSWF as you see --->
> http://ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=188489&sid=51c1106b4c9a39f1d1a7e38b30cd79a7#188489

That's really cool!

I did something similar to this not long ago, rendering PDF slides
into an OpenGL environment as textures or 3D objects.
The code is in the swftools CVS, under lib/devices/opengl.c

It's via an implementation of gfxdevice, a graphic device abstraction
used in SWFTools. (see lib/gfxdevice.h)

As soon as I get my old TV working again I'll upload a video. Or
is there some easy way to capture an OpenGL animation to a movie file
on Linux?

> Currently I'm working out my own file format for my ogre plugin [.ogreswf]
> which is what I use swftools for (swf2ogreswf converter is in the works).

Wouldn't it be simpler if the ogreswf plugin would be able to read
SWFs directly?
I'm not that familiar with ogre, so I don't know what capabilities the
plugins have (or which language they're written in...?)

> The current work is to store SWF polygons/lines/holes to my file format
> and then triangulate / render them in ogreSwf (I begin to have a love-hate
> relationship to triangulation ;D ).

Do you have access to OpenGL functions from Ogre? I've made some good
experience with the tesselation functions of OpenGL. See
lib/devices/opengl.c for details.

Greetings

Matthias