Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem

From: Matthias Kramm
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 20:16:12 +0100

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 09:49:50PM +0100, address@hidden wrote:
> Recently I modified SwfDump to write shape coordinates to a text file (my
> modified code out of the handleShape function....
> http://rafb.net/p/fX8Udo85.html
> http://rafb.net/p/C5Si1M94.html

Those two URLs don't work for me.

> input for SwfDump.....
> http://img230.imageshack.us/my.php?image=trianglesrj4.swf

This one does, though. I begin to see what you're trying to do.

> Now I tried to read out the data from shape.txt to display the polygon in
> my application, but I get problems with it.......
> http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4063/screenshot1la1.png
> green represents polygon lines that are solid and red lines represent
> holes in the polygon. As you might see two of the inner "cake shapes" are
> drawn as SOLID where the other two are drawn to be HOLES.

Ok. Well. The logic of fillstyle0 and fillstyle1 is as follows:

1.) If fillstyle0 and fillstyle1 are set, the line is a boundary between
    two fills
2.) If only one of the two is set, the line is a boundary between a
    fill and a hole
3.) If neither one is set, the line is a stroke, i.e. doesn't contribute
    to a filled region.

Notice, also, that lines contributing to a fill don't necessarily need to come
directly after each other.
The following is an example for a file where they don't:

    http://www.quiss.org/files/gradient_shape.swf

(It's also generally a nice file to learn how the filling logic of the
 flash player works)

So if I understand it right, you're trying to render SWF output in Ogre?

Greetings

Matthias