Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem

From: wolfgang-steiner
Subject: Re: [Swftools-common] SwfDump shape definition, polygon hole problem
Date: Tue, 20 Feb 2007 16:32:23 +0100 (CET)

> Those two URLs don't work for me.

Weird, seems that rafb.net/paste is not thought for storing a long time.
Thanks for the description on fillstyle0/1. I have to think of it how I
best tackle that (where tackle means "triangulate" ;D )

> So if I understand it right, you're trying to render SWF output in Ogre?
>
> Greetings
>
> Matthias

I already did it, with the help of gameSWF as you see --->
http://ogre3d.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=188489&sid=51c1106b4c9a39f1d1a7e38b30cd79a7#188489

...but I have come to a point where gameSWF brought me more pain than
success (no strong community behind it, buggy, undocumented, lack of
sometimes basic features, messy code at some points, etc.).
Therefore I searched for an alternative and found the great swfTools.
Currently I'm working out my own file format for my ogre plugin [.ogreswf]
which is what I use swftools for (swf2ogreswf converter is in the works).
The current work is to store SWF polygons/lines/holes to my file format
and then triangulate / render them in ogreSwf (I begin to have a love-hate
relationship to triangulation ;D ).

Greetings & Thanks

Wolfgang aka. stoneCold