sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 16:48:16 -0600

Hey dkg!

> If you're using a debian system, please compare
> /usr/share/doc/sks/sampleConfig/DB_CONFIG with
> /var/lib/sks/DB/DB_CONFIG -- if your files differ, i'd be happy to help
> you figure out whether the problematic behavior you're seeing could be
> attributable to those differences.
>
> If they don't differ (if you're seeing the problematic behavior using
> the sample DB_CONFIG, and *especially* if you fix your problem by
> deviating from the shipped sample), i'd like to know that too.

With hindsight, that was my mistake - When I rebuilt my server
about a month ago (after a DB corruption), I decided to keep my
installation and just delete /var/lib/sks/DB/*, rebuilding from
dumps. Of course, I blew the DB_CONFIG (which IMO has no business
there!)

In fact... I think that The Debian Way™ would be to have it in
/etc/sks, with a message on top clearly stating it should be linked
from /var/lib/sks/DB (as we Debian people are often too lazy to look
up configuration details in our software and expect everything to be
in /etc) 😉