sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*

From: Gunnar Wolf
Subject: [Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2019 21:13:35 -0600

Hello,

Since a couple of days ago, I have noticed an incredible growth in
space usage (so much it has killed my server twice, hitting partition
limits). Since February 3rd, I have over 4000 files with binary-only
contents (could find no meaningful information in them) called
/var/lib/sks/DB/log.<increasing-11-digit-number> - I have just
checked, and it *seems* removing them causes no ill effects.

But... TTBOMK, I have not modified anything in my configuration. I
removed them knowing I might be doing something stupid, in the know
that BDB does not like external processes touching its turf, and was
happy not to lose my keyserver - but I was ready to rebuild it.

I haven't been monitoring this list as much as I should. Is there
anything I should be on the look for? I removed files dated ≤ Feb 3,
so there is still a lot of information if somebody wants to debug the
issue.

Should I just point a "logrotate" or such to the directory? What did I
do before that I'm not correctly doing now?

Thanks!