sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*

From: Daniel Kahn Gillmor
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Excessive use of /var/lib/sks/DB/log.*
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2019 16:22:35 -0500

On Wed 2019-02-06 20:27:28 -0800, Todd Fleisher wrote:
> This sounds like you are missing the recommended DB_CONFIG values to
> prevent your server from holding into those log files when an issue is
> encountered. As I recall, the fix is to start over from scratch and
> rebuild after first putting that file in place. It is covered in the
> list archives and I believe the source and packages ship with an
> example file that had the needed options.

If you're using a debian system, please compare
/usr/share/doc/sks/sampleConfig/DB_CONFIG with
/var/lib/sks/DB/DB_CONFIG -- if your files differ, i'd be happy to help
you figure out whether the problematic behavior you're seeing could be
attributable to those differences.

If they don't differ (if you're seeing the problematic behavior using
the sample DB_CONFIG, and *especially* if you fix your problem by
deviating from the shipped sample), i'd like to know that too.

    --dkg