sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!

From: Christoph Egger
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!
Date: Fri, 27 May 2016 16:35:39 +0200

Ari Trachtenberg <address@hidden> writes:
> Is there a common element to the bulk signatures that are being added?
> Can we, maybe, rate limit submissions per IP address?

These bulk bullshit submissions are the mostly-harmless branch of the
problem. The way more pressing thing is

  a) distributing unlawfull / unethical data and having no way to get
     rid of it (starting from copyright infringement to *really* bad
     stuff)
  b) Dealing with legal requests to delete personal information (which
     is a "problem" in several jurisdications)

The fake bulk signatures are certain annoying but not much more than that.

  Christoph