sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!

From: Valentin Sundermann
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Oh, Jeeez...!
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 18:13:18 +0200

Hi,
> Can we add a proof of work mechanism to make adding a key to the server
> more "costly" ?.
There are some blockchain based approaches on how to distribute keys (or
managing identity) like Blockstack(.org) with their "blockchain id".
Their current model is, that you order a normal name (like domain names)
via a bitcoin/altcoin transaction for a certain price.
I read somewhere that there is support for free namespaces but I don't
know if they use the proof of work concept too.

It's not really related, but I think a keyserver with blockchain id
support which speaks the usual protocol towards the client would be
really great.

Though it don't solves any problems with SKS, I think it's worth a mention.

Best regards,
Valentin