sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out

From: Christian Felsing
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks.disunitedstates.com down and out
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2015 08:22:35 +0200

Hello David,

as desired I removed your server from our membership file.

I am running SKS 1.1.5+ on CentOS6 (LXC container) and CentOS7 (KVM) for
a long time w/o problems. In the past I had similar problems, but
switching clocksource to tsc solved database problems. My current
installations are working with tsc (LXC) and kvm-clock (kvm)

You should give it a new try, may be it will work then.

An other SKS server admin found a problem if sks recon is running via
haproxy tcp: SKS consumes lot of memory and does no longer gossip keys
then while tcp service is still available. This can be exploited only,
if there is a membership entry to such a server.

If there is a documentation how recon works, I would consider to build a
new solution on Jetty with Hypersonic SQL or any other JDBC database.
BouncyCastle is able to analyze PGP keys. Java is considered to be more
spread than ocaml.

Christian