sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.linux.it is changing IP

From: Marco Nenciarini
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] keyserver.linux.it is changing IP
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 07:37:48 +0100

On 26/01/2011 01:21, Victor Escudero Rubio wrote:
> Hi Marco,
>
> It seems that the PTree DB is corrupted. I imagine that you have already
> tried
> to recreate it, Don't you?

The problem is exactly that PTree db is corrupted. The weird thing is
that it's freshly generated from a brand new KDB.

> After building the database I would try to do a cleaning:  '/usr/sbin/sks
> cleandb';
> then I would remove the PTree DB with 'rm /var/lib/sks/PTree'
> and recreate it with something like: '/usr/sbin/sks pbuild -cache 20
> -ptree_cache 70'

For every try I've mentioned in previous message I've generated the KDB
with build or fastbuild, I've cleaned it with cleandb, then I've
generated PTree with "sks pbuild -cache 20  -ptree_cache 70" (but I've
also tried with other cache values, just to be sure)

> At last be careful with the ownership of the files as they should be chown to
> debian-sks with 'chown -R debian-sks:debian-sks /var/lib/sks/'

I've also tried both runing build/pbuild commands as root to fix
permissions after the database were built and running them directly with
debian-sks user. I've also tried running it with "mnencia" user in a
different directory without lucky.

I'm quite sure it isn't a problem of db_env, because I've tried to run
several db_recover (with or without the -e flag) and db_checkpoint -1.

I can also assure you that it isn't a memory problem, because the server
is a virtual machine that lives in a blade server with checked memory.

I'm at my wits' end.

Thanks for the help,
Marco

|    Marco Nenciarini    | Debian/GNU Linux Developer - Plug Member |
| address@hidden | http://www.prato.linux.it/~mnencia       |
Key fingerprint = FED9 69C7 9E67 21F5 7D95  5270 6864 730D F095 E5E4