Re: [Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates

From: Loic Dachary
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates/changes
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 19:24:21 +0100

Chris Beggy writes:

 > people who are running savannah now are doing a great job,
 > considering the shape of the last sourceforge release.

        *g* I should keep this and quote it later ;-)

 > How will I be able to tell when the next generation is ready?

        It depends on our energy mostly. I can't say I kept my deadline
promise ... but I'm working on it.

 > How can I help with testing between now and then?

        One way you could help is by contributing to phpGroupWare so that:

- xmlrpc work in a secure way (currently disabled for security reasons)
- phpgroupware applications data have a group_id in addition to the user_id
  (some do but most don't)
- work on debian packaging (1 package for the core of phpgroupware, and
  a package for each application)

        Depending on your liking I can expand. There not much to test at
present, although you could exercise with the mail backend Guillaume produced.

        Cheers,