[Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates/cha

From: Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)
Subject: [Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates/changes
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 00:17:01 -0800

Hello, I am Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r) and I am a new admin to
savannah.
I am the leader of the phpGroupWare project which has recently migrated
from SourceForge to Savannah and I am working with loic on the next
generation of Savannah which will be based on phpGroupWare and its API.
I am working on the phpGW code to handle the needs of a site like
Savannah and we are moving along nicely.

Now for the notice of changes.

1) phpGroupWare has one module that we wanted to limit who would have
write access to, so I created a new unix group on the server called
phpgroupware-api and added the few users I wanted to that group. Then I
went to the phpgroupware cvs tree and did
 chown -R :phpgroupware-api phpgwapi
Now only the users in the phpgroupware-api group can commit changes to
our API as desired.
I know this is a custom deal and was given permission to do this from
loic.

2) I added some documentation to the www/savannah.html file and added a
syncmail file. The documentation and file are for having emails sent
when commits happen to the cvs tree of a project. We use this with great
success in the phpGroupWare tree and wanted to make it availible to all
projects. I have already commited this to the savannah cvs, and you are
welcome to review the addition and let me know if I have done anything
wrong. I dont know when the site will get these updates so welcome some
info on this. Note: I have tried to add my documentation to
doc/savannah.texi file, but I dont think I understand the texi format
enough. It looks simple, but I am sure I will dork it up if I mess with
it, so if someone else can merge over my changes I would greatly
appreciate it. I will then examine the changes and learn from them.

Right now I dont have anything in specific in mind to do next other than
to help support savannah as much as I can. I get pretty busy and
phpGroupWare take a considerable amount of time to lead and develop, but
will do what I can for Savannah.

Seek3r