Re: [Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates

From: Chris Beggy
Subject: Re: [Savannah-dev] [Savannah-hackers] Introduction and notice of updates/changes
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 10:36:47 -0500 (EST)

From: "Dan Kuykendall (Seek3r)" <address@hidden>

> Hello, I am Dan Kuykendall (aka Seek3r) and I am a new admin to
> savannah.
> I am the leader of the phpGroupWare project which has recently migrated
> from SourceForge to Savannah and I am working with loic on the next
> generation of Savannah which will be based on phpGroupWare and its API.
> I am working on the phpGW code to handle the needs of a site like
> Savannah and we are moving along nicely.

This is great news.

I wanted to provide a project hosting site, so I tried pulling
down and installing savannah and quickly got bogged down. The
people who are running savannah now are doing a great job,
considering the shape of the last sourceforge release.

How will I be able to tell when the next generation is ready?
How can I help with testing between now and then?

I'm looking forward to the day when GPL project hosting can be spread
to many hosts.

Chris