[Savannah-dev] Re: [DotGNU]SourceForge drifting

From: Matthew Copeland
Subject: [Savannah-dev] Re: [DotGNU]SourceForge drifting
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:57:48 -0600

> I would think that a properly designed distrbiuted
> data repository would include inherant redundancy and
> 'backups' would not be an issue (although physical
> backups may be part of any one node management, but
> not of the data base as a whole).  Think of it as a
> RAID system in the netcloud.

I agree that this is nice.  All I was saying that is the sourceforge
codebase doesn't have this support right now, and so if you want to spread
it across multiple sites, then new design features are going to have to be
added to handle redundency, backups, and availability before it can be
trusted as a solution.

Matthew M. Copeland