info-xnee

Re: [Info-xnee] Synchronization with xnee

From: Henrik Sandklef
Subject: Re: [Info-xnee] Synchronization with xnee
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 00:47:56 +0200

vvenkates wrote:
I installed the new version and tried. Say for example, firefox it works for
very small inputs like open a website and close it. But it is not
consistent, I tried this
cnee -rec --mouse -keyboard -devra 07-12,15-19,22 --first-last -smp  -sk q
-o firefox.xnl -time 10 -tot 10000

Ahhhh, you're skipping tons of mouse events with the "--first-last" option. The mouse motions may have generated some sync data when recording (through delivered events) and these may not be generated when replaying.

cnee -rep -rwp -f firefox.xnl

I tried increasing the total threshold, but it still wasn't really
effective. Please let me know whether I am doing the right thing here.?

Henrik Sandklef-2 wrote:
First of all, what version of Xnee are you using?

We just fixed a serious sync problem. Could you try the release as linked on the page:
http://www.sandklef.com/hesa/index.php/2009/04/19/gnu-xnee-sync-error-fixed-30296-is-out/

Vishwanath Venkatesan wrote:
Hi,

I a new to using xnee. I wanted to record session of firefox and then
replay
it synchronously.
I followed the instructions as in the manual
I looked at all the events generated by firefox using human printout and
then recorded those events.
The events turned out to be, 02-12,15-19,22.
1-6 are device events (i.e mouse keyboard) and are not used for sync.

But when I try to replay it halts with a  synchronization failure.
 I was also looking around for the galeon plugin. But couldn't find any

Hrmf, my fault :(

The reason why I am trying to synchronize is that, I want to record the
usage of such applications in one system and replay it in a much slower
system(30X slower). And I want the replay session to work the same way.
Is
it possible with xnee?
Hopefully it is ;)

You may additionally want to reduce the speed of the replaying.

    --speed-percent

 If so can you help me with this?
Try the latest release first.

Thanks