iiwusynth-devel

RE: [iiwusynth-devel] FluidSynth release

From: Josh Green
Subject: RE: [iiwusynth-devel] FluidSynth release
Date: 27 Feb 2003 17:25:42 -0800

On Thu, 2003-02-27 at 14:35, M. Nentwig wrote:
> Moi,
>
> I keep on wondering, what you are planning with LADSPA and Swami. Here
> are some thoughts:
> - A fully generic user interface, that allows to connect arbitrary
> blocks with the mouse, would be a *huge* amount of work.
> - I think that nobody needs it anyway - beginners can stick to pre-made
> Fx setups, and advanced users will manage a screenful of 'ladspa_add'
> lines with a text editor.
> - Then, in my opinion, the idea of generic frontends for any possible
> LADSPA plugin doesn't work, more opinion on request.

First off, I don't think I will be getting around to this type of stuff
for a while. I just wanted to make sure that type of functionality was
possible with FluidSynth before the API is completely frozen :)

I don't really like the connect bunch of objects together with lines
type GUI interfaces, but I haven't fully thought out alternatives. I
like the idea of stacks of effects but that doesn't exactly handle
everything.. I may end up deciding this is best left to other apps. So
many plans for Swami, lots to do.

> Cheers
>
> Markus

Lates..