iiwusynth-devel

Re: [iiwusynth-devel] FluidSynth release

From: Peter Hanappe
Subject: Re: [iiwusynth-devel] FluidSynth release
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 18:46:14 +0100

Josh Green wrote:
On Sun, 2003-02-23 at 04:15, Peter Hanappe wrote:

I started working with doxygen for the documentation, made a Doxyfile
for the configuration. I'd like doxygen to only analyse the public
header files but I don't seem to be able to get it running correctly.
doxygen ignores nearly everything in the headers. Any hint is welcome.

Hmm, it worked fine for me. I just changed to the doc directory and ran
"doxygen". It created an "html" folder with the docs in it. Loading up
index.html, going to "File List" and then clicking on "synth.h" shows
all the routines, with documentation, that are contained in that header.

!Your right! It's the "Alphabetic List" that threw me off. It only adds
the structures and not the functions.

Did you get a chance to test the sample and preset callbacks? I'd
like to now if it's sufficient for you to get started with the sample
management. It's currently no ideal solution, I know.

I just had a look over it now and started to implement some sample
caching mechanism in Swami. Unfortunately I realized that the older
Swami GTK1.2 branch (the one currently functioning but that I have
ceased development on) is lacking in ref counting for sample store
objects. So I will be adding this functionality to the swami-1-0
development branch instead (I don't like working on the older branch
anymore).

It looks like I will be able to do what I wanted with the additional API
callbacks. I did have a few questions about it though:

1. I'm assuming it is my responsibility to free the iiwu_sample_t
structure after receiving a notify? (with the option of caching it for
future voices).

Yes. You allocate it, you free it.

2. Also I was curious as to what happens after a iiwu_sample_t notify is
received. Is it guaranteed that the synth won't use the same
iiwu_sample_t again (unless I hand it back for another voice) ?  I'm
pretty sure thats the case, just wanted to see if I got it right.

Yes, you're guaranteed that the synth doesn't use it anymore (not
counting on the bugs). The synth checks the refcount of the sample.

Do let me know if there is something I can help with in getting
FluidSynth ready for release.

If you like to, just run over the public API functions to see if there
are any inconsistencies or unneeded stuff. In particular, do you still
use the voice/mod/gen access functions?

I have pleanty of free time.

You lucky!

Cheers,