iiwusynth-devel

[iiwusynth-devel] Re: Iiwusynth: Testing

From: Josh Green
Subject: [iiwusynth-devel] Re: Iiwusynth: Testing
Date: 16 Jun 2002 23:28:45 -0600

On Sun, 2002-06-16 at 10:00, Peter Hanappe wrote:

> BTW: I've started using fixed point for the DSP. Did some testing on
> windows (during lunch breaks) at it's working fine so far.
> I'll leave it as a compile option to use float or fixed point.
> More on that next week I hope.

Any speed increase?

> BTW2: The guys from ALSA were in contact with the designed of the
> Vintage Dreams soundfont. He agreed that the soundfont can be
> redistributed. I'm thinking of including it in the iiwusynth
> distribution because it sound good and it's small. I would like to
> find a small GM soundfont for use as a default.

I've also wanted to distribute a SoundFont with Swami. It would seem to
make things a lot nicer for one who is just getting started with
SoundFonts and doesn't know what they are, etc. I even thought it would
be cool to have a startup sequence with the Splash image :)
A small GM soundfont.. Hmmm. Seems like even a lot of the big ones
aren't very nice. Too bad one couldn't distribute some of the ROMs that
came with the AWE 32/64. 512k and they sounded decent.

Cheers.
        Josh