gcmd-devel

Re: [gcmd-dev] python: mimetype plugin

From: Koos Jan Niesink
Subject: Re: [gcmd-dev] python: mimetype plugin
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 09:24:15 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

Wouldn't it be a good idea to put all these links and sample plugins on the
website?

koos

Piotr Eljasiak <address@hidden> wrote: > @ Piotr, IIRR there was a link to
py-gtk docu ?

> I'm not in Python but i will try to grok it ASAP and i think you
> can get help from this list anyway, for any questions.

The shortest pygtk program I've found...

import gtk

b = gtk.Button("Hello")
w = gtk.Window()
w.add(b)
w.show_all()
gtk.main()

...and some pygtk docs:

PyGTK: GTK+ for Python

        http://www.pygtk.org/

        PyGTK provides a convenient wrapper for the GTK+ library for use
        in Python programs, taking care of many of the boring details
        such as managing memory and type casting. When combined with the
        PyORBit, gnome-python, gnome-python-desktop or
        gnome-python-extras modules, it can be used to write full
        featured Gnome applications.

        GTK+ is a GUI toolkit for developing graphical applications that
        run on POSIX systems such as Linux, Windows and MacOS X
        (provided that an X server for MacOS X has been installed). It
        provides a comprehensive set of widgets, and supports Unicode
        and bidirectional text. It links into the Gnome Accessibility
        Framework through the ATK library.

        The current version of PyGTK requires GTK+ >= 2.0 and Python >=
        2.2.

PyGTK Wiki

        http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK

PyGTK FAQ

        http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=index

PyGTK Tutorials

        http://www.pygtk.org/tutorial.html

PyGTK Reference Manual

        http://www.pygtk.org/reference.html

Articles and Tutorials about PyGTK

        http://www.pygtk.org/articles.html

PyGTK "Hello, World!" Program

        http://live.gnome.org/PyGTK -
        head-524b48782552ed2652f5843a5aeeed1fe6c9fb87