[ft] Extracting sub-glyph transformation

From: Kevin Rogovin
Subject: [ft] Extracting sub-glyph transformation
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2018 22:09:59 +0300

Hi,

I am trying to load glyph’s geometric data with FT_LOAD_NO_RECURSE. The
entry point FT_GetSubGlyphInfo() has almost what I needed, but not quite.
It does provide the 2x2 matrix, but not the translation (atleast when I
read the docs and FreeType source code). To try to figure out what the
numbers means I am reading the file src/truetype/ttgload.c function
TT_Process_Composite_Component() to figure out the transformation. I see
that the transform field is set on loading and used for placement, but the
translation is appears to be quite tricky; making matters worse is if the
bit ARGS_ARE_XY_VALUES is down, I don’t see how to get the two points use
to to compute the translation using the FreeType interface. Am I missing
something?

Best Regards,

-Kevin