Re: [ft] Ascent and descent

From: Dalai Felinto
Subject: Re: [ft] Ascent and descent
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 10:20:18 -0300

Hi Khaled,

You are right. The 80% ascent I was getting from fontforge was hardcoded in
their parsettf.c::readttfhead(). No wonder I was getting the same relative
value for all my fonts.

The strange thing is that Google Slides seems to be using the same
proportion for their "text box" margins. Which ultimately made me raise my
eyebrows to freetype2.

All is well. I will continue my pursuit for vertical alignment but there is
no point in bother the freetype2 devs any further.

Many thanks,
Dalai

--
blendernetwork.org/dalai-felinto