[ft] Ascent and descent

From: Dalai Felinto
Subject: [ft] Ascent and descent
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2018 19:11:26 -0300

Hi,

I'm trying to get the ascent and descent of a font with freetype2. The
sample code is really small and can be found here [1].

However the values I get are very different from what FontForge and even
google slides is using.

For example, the Indie Flower font [2] has 819 and 205 (0.8, 0.2) according
to FontForge. However, in freetype2 I'm getting 994 and (-)500 (0.67 and
0.33).

The same is valid for numerous other fonts that I tried (which curiously
all had 0.8 and 0.2 proportional values).

I'm a bit at lost here. For anyone interested on more details regarding my
actual implementation, there is a post in my blog about it [3].

[1] - https://github.com/dfelinto/example-freetype2/blob/master/example.c
[2] - https://fonts.google.com/specimen/Indie+Flower
[3] - http://www.dalaifelinto.com/?p=1343

Thanks,