[ft] freetype dll for mingw

From: LM
Subject: [ft] freetype dll for mingw
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 07:58:47 -0400

I've been building freetype on MinGW with msys.  I just upgraded my
freetype build script from freetype-2.5.0.1 to freetype-2.5.3.  I
noticed some minor differences in the build including a new
freetype-config.1.  However, there was one important difference
between 2.5.0.1 and 2.5.3.  Using the same commands, the prior version
generated a .dll file (it created both libfreetype-6.dll and
libfreetype.dll.a).  The current version only generates the static
library.  I tried adding --enable-shared to the configure options, but
the results were the same.  Do I need to do something special to
generate a dll file with version 2.5.3?  I can always build a shared
library with dlltool after the fact if dll creation is no longer
supported.  Was wondering if this was a desired change in behavior for
the freetype build system or if it was an issue.  Just to be sure, I
reran both build scripts (one for 2.5.0.1 and one for 2.5.3) in my
current environment and I get the same outcome.  The earlier version
creates a shared library and the 2.5.3 version does not create one on
my system.  Am wondering if this is a desired result or not so I can
decide how best to work around the situation in my build script.

Thank you.