Re: [ft] freetype dll for mingw

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [ft] freetype dll for mingw
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 23:38:06 +0900 (JST)

> I've been building freetype on MinGW with msys.  I just upgraded my
> freetype build script from freetype-2.5.0.1 to freetype-2.5.3.  I
> noticed some minor differences in the build including a new
> freetype-config.1.  However, there was one important difference
> between 2.5.0.1 and 2.5.3.  Using the same commands, the prior
> version generated a .dll file (it created both libfreetype-6.dll and
> libfreetype.dll.a).  The current version only generates the static
> library.

Sorry, I have no idea what is causing that.  Please contact the MinGW
list and ask for assistance, CCing me.

> I tried adding --enable-shared to the configure options, but the
> results were the same.  Do I need to do something special to
> generate a dll file with version 2.5.3?

No, it should work out of the box.  Maybe a problem with the autoconf
tools – have you tried to compile and install the newest versions of
autoconf and libtool?  What msys provides by default is quite old.