Re: [ft] Freetype Digest, Vol 115, Issue 8

From: LM
Subject: Re: [ft] Freetype Digest, Vol 115, Issue 8
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 16:26:00 -0400

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 12:00 PM,  Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> Sorry, I have no idea what is causing that.  Please contact the MinGW
> list and ask for assistance, CCing me.

MinGW list will just send the problem back to the library developers.
I used to be very involved in giving support on that list.  I'll
attempt to debug it further when I have time to and see if I can come
up with a work-around or figure out what's changed between the
different versions of freetype.  I mainly wanted to know if it was a
bug or a desired result so I'd know how to proceed when I attempt to
fix or work around it.

> No, it should work out of the box.  Maybe a problem with the autoconf
> tools ? have you tried to compile and install the newest versions of
> autoconf and libtool?  What msys provides by default is quite old.

I have later versions of GNU autotools I've built from source that I
can try.  I also have latest version of GNU make currently installed.
If the older version of freetype works and the newer doesn't with the
same set of tools, it doesn't sound like the tools that are causing
the issue.

Thanks.