Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font

From: Juliusz Chroboczek
Subject: Re: [ft] Creating an [OT]TF font from BDF font
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2005 20:12:41 +0100

> I need this + a utility to regenerate BDF files from the TTF so I can
> validate a lossless round-trip for the existing BDF files.

Keith,

I'm not quite sure what you mean by ``round-trip'', but that might be
more difficult than you think: as you've surely noticed, fonttosfnt
crops glyphs by default, as there's no reason to propagate X's ``-c-''
fonts into the SFNT world.

(This can be disabled, though, with the ``-c'' flag.)

                                        Juliusz