RE: [ft] Font Style

From: Paresh Deshmukh
Subject: RE: [ft] Font Style
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 10:25:56 UT

Hi,
   As per my study of freetype there is no information is available for style
other than FT_FaceRec (style flag), which only tell, whether ttf support any
style or not.

So to get style I am trying this approach
    To get bold style for char I am trying to get 2 glyph of char of size n and
n+1 and over writing.
    For Italic I am planning to use Set_Tranform with very less angle value.

Please tell me will this approach will work.

  Also I am finding a trivial problem with FT_New_Face(), when I pass absolute
file path it works but for relative path its ging me error code
0x01(Cannot_Open_Resource). FT_New_face is altimatly using fopen call with that
file path which take relative path. If anyone having solution for it please tell
me.

Thanks
Paresh