Re: [ft] testing freetype

From: Manish Marathe
Subject: Re: [ft] testing freetype
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 13:56:11 -0800

On 09 Nov 2005 12:27:00 -0800, George Williams <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 11:54, Manish Marathe wrote:
> My problem is, I want to run some automated tests. Are there any
> automated tests shipped with the distribution.
No
>  I am using version 2.1.9. I understand that there is a new version
> 2.1.10 but does 2.1.9 ship with any tests and if yes how do I run
> them.
There are no automated tests. The ft2demos package contains a few
utility programs which are often used for testing the library. But all
tests are currently done by eye.

Is ft2test submitted by David Somers same as what you are talking about which uses embunit?

There has been some talk about building a testsuite. A few weeks ago
Ulrich said he would work on it, don't know what the status of that is.

That would be great!!.

Manish Marathe
SpikeSource, Inc.
http://developer.spikesource.com