Re: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X

From: Leonard Rosenthol
Subject: Re: [Freetype] Question on MacOS X
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2001 21:39:26 -0500

At 11:59 AM 12/1/2001 +0100, Sander van der Wal wrote:
If you let FT_New_Face() handle all this Windows UI level stuff, the
library will get bloated beyond comprehension. There is no reason why
you would not want Mac, XWindows, Symbian OS, PalmOS etc UI level
stuff in there too. Much to complicated.

        There are no plans, that I am aware of, for adding ANY UI to FT.

We already have platform-centric calls (ftmac.c, ftwin.c, etc.) which include support for reading platform installed fonts. It is transparent to the clients, since it happens inside of "overridden" versions of FT_New_Face().

LDR